Tuesday, March 13, 2012

A Lesson in Maturity

This was one of the easiest love letter I had to write. It might be short and it might be repetitive but it summed up everything I wanted to say. Some of you might find this pretty shocking, I did at first, but she's my mom!

Dear mom,
I love you!

I know we had our differences, and at times I blamed you for things that weren't entirely your fault, but please forgive me and let us put all of that behind. I wasn't always the best daughter but I've matured now and learned to appreciate everything about you.

I'm putting the past behind me because I know you tried, and there's not much one person could do. You did your best and it paid off. I'm sorry it took me a long time to realize that.

You're a great lady whom I've come to respect. Without you and your patience I wouldn't be the person I am today. Even if I'm not very expressive of that love, trust me I'm trying to work on that now.

I'm sorry for giving you hell. I'm sorry for being a brat. I'm sorry for the years of unexplained anger. I'm sorry for everything.

Your loving daughter,
Sumaiah.

2 comments:

Ambrosial said...

I'm proud of u! ;* :)

Sumaiah said...

Thank you :*
I'm proud of me as well :D