Sunday, July 17, 2011

Golden Era

I don't know if you've noticed, but blogs now are no longer what they used to be. I remember when I first started blog-hopping five years ago how the blogoshpere used to be a virtual community. Bloggers practically lived one another's experience by reading about each others lives in the posts that they wrote. I can't help but envy their experience, respect what they've created, and hate what became of their legacy.

Maybe I'm being selfish for wanting to relate. I mean, who wants to be inspired anymore? Why seek a challenge when you can be a carbon copy of everyone else! Well, why not?

It frustrates me having a blog at a time when none of this applies. I wish I was smart enough to start blogging back then, I wish this blog was born in that golden era.

I come here to take a break from the superficial and pretentious world out there, and for what? Only to find myself sucked deeper inside...

I hate everything about the current state of the blogging world. It's hard to believe that a person could own something that so impersonal it could be confused with spam!

I'm not talking about everyone out there, but the majority is! But thanks be to god for the amazing people that I'm following. I grow fonder of all of you with each passing day. Thank you for keeping me sane!

11 comments:

q8othug said...

الله يسلمج

^_____^

Vainglorious said...

People's perspective of blogging differ. I don't like the commercial blogs there are a couple that I check out every now and then just to see what's happening in K-town. I prefer bloggers who write and share actual things from their life and experience, the ones that you can relate to and debate with.. 3ala golat'hm ily ye6la3 mn il galb yo9al il galb

Keep writing ;)

Slashy said...

ريفيوز

استشراف

آدز

ريفيوز

استشراف

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

وتنعاد نفس السالفة كل يوم

LorD AymZ said...

keep doin what u do, coz urs is one blog i can spend an entire day on, despite bein a gal, ur a BWB (hope u can deduce what that stands for ;P )

i'll give u a hint, the first word is Blogger!

Amethyst said...

I know exactly what you mean. I took a break and came back to a whole different blogosphere. Sigh.

Fickle said...

Update!!

BananaQ8 said...

Welcome back dear ! I agree the blogging world is changing , and yes blog being commercial can change the way the content is displayed but my thought is that if we spend 6-7 hours a day on average for blogging, isn't it fine to make some income on the side? The important thing is being honest and neutral about the reviews and posts, plus try to post many interesting & informative posts beside commercial stuff.

Welcome back sweety,
وعيدج مبارك وكل عام وانتي بخير وصحه وسلامة

r.alsharif said...

I don't think it's really about what era the blog is from but the context it carries. Some people's blogs are all ads, make up reviews, and things that doesn't really take an effort to write about. But there are others that are really touching and worth reading.
And yours is a keeper! :D

r.alsharif said...

I don't think it's really about what era the blog is from but the context it carries. Some people's blogs are all ads, make up reviews, and things that doesn't really take an effort to write about. But there are others that are really touching and worth reading.
And yours is a keeper! :D

Fickle said...

Bitch. Ma ma9akhteeha?

Anonymous said...

SUE MAI AHHHHHH! wainch? 3sach bkhair bas? mat7seen anch wayed 6walty?

S