Monday, May 30, 2011

22 is the New 12!

I've been having this endless fight with dad over unemployment aid. He's been nagging me to go apply and I'm totally opposing the fact that I'll be paid for doing nothing, so I've been coming up with excuses to delay doing that.

Dad studied low and he works at it too, so every time I argue with him he keeps telling me that it's my right and I shouldn't let it go to waste. Well, if it's my right then why am I not given the right to wave?

I was so happy when I got the second nomination, because by refusing it I won't be illegible for the aid. I'm not trying to say that those payments are a bad thing, I'm only saying that it's not for me and I won't feel comfortable accepting them. But now dad is delaying the rejection so he'll have time to apply for it!!!

WTF dad, I AM NOT A CHILD! I don't want this! Why can't you respect my choices for once?

5 comments:

LorD AymZ said...

i like the way you think, and ur sense of earning, more people should be like u ^^,

The Stig said...

Its good you're thinking this way, but please get a job.
do something you like in a recycling company.

Sumaiah said...

Lord aymz:
I wish more people would think of it as a good thing instead of harassing me because I have "idealistic expectations".

Stiggy:
I still haven't heard back from the university, so I'm caught in the middle now! I can't start looking for something, and I can't say that I'm a masters student yet! It's so depressing.

Slashy said...

الله يزيد من أمثالج
ماكو أحد يفكر هالتفكير بوقفنا هذا..

يا رب تلقين المكان اللي تبينه وبخاطرج وتستانسين فيه

Sumaiah said...

Thank you love *hugs*