Monday, March 21, 2011

Shame

I've finally started reading Salman Rushdie's Shame and I must tell you that I'm in love!

"You see before you, a fellow who is not even the hero of his own life; a man born and raised in the condition of being out of things. Heredity counts, dontyouthinkso?"

"Wherever I turn, there is something of which to be ashamed. But shame is like everything else; live with it for long enough and it becomes part of the furniture"

"Every story one chooses to tell is a kind of censorship, it prevents the telling of other tales..."

If I was to be granted one wish, I'd wish for his mind...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey from where did you get that book?? I love these kinds of books!

Sumaiah said...

You'll have to order it I'm afraid. Unfortunately, Salman Rushdie's novels aren't sold here.

Slashy said...

Anonymous you can get some of his books from Q8Books bs used.. I got Haroun and the Sea of Stories from there.. eli 9ij mako no way you can get it is Satanic Verses. lol

Semo MY BABY!! We have the same test! It's been in my wish list for long bs min 3ugb hal post shaklah I'm going to buy it.. fee b3d Midnight Children yegolon 7adha 3ajeeebaaaaaa and strange bs in a beautiful way.

Sumaiah said...

I've been meaning to go to Q8Books, a7es ra7 alga treasures there!

Ambay ketabta t'habel 7addy I recommend :D
Ee Midnight's Children and The Satanic Versus are on my list, I'll ask my sister to get them for me when she goes to take her board test. Last time she went kan out of stock inshallah halmarra telga!

Slashy said...

test = taste.

La itlomoeeni min hal zift elyoom.

Why don't you order it from Amazon?

Sumaiah said...

I don't want to get a visa! I'm an impulsive buyer and books are my passion, so it'll be a disaster :p