Thursday, January 20, 2011

Reading Keeps Me Centered

Growing up I've had difficulty blending in. To me recess was almost always spent at class with one of my novels. I remember being asked about why I read and how each time I gave a different response depending on who I was talking to and the mood I was in. One of my favorite responses was that reading keeps me centered, and that's exactly what I need right now.

I haven't been reading lately because I've started reading a translated novel a month ago and I'm not a fan of translated work unless it's Paulo Coelho's (most of his novels suck but I love him!). I bought it on an impulse and I have a rule of not leaving a book unfinished so I'm going to have to continue reading it to start a new one.

Books have played an important role in my life. They're the only constant that I've had, and I can always depend on them. Now I shall go read! Well, maybe after I get out of bed, and watch some TV :p

4 comments:

Vainglorious said...

What are your favorite books?

Sumaiah said...

I like reading anything depressing or philosophical. And I absolutely hate reading anything dreamy and unrealistic. Those are some of the best books that I've read:

.The God of Small Things - Arundhati Roy
.Tuesday With Morrie- Mitch Albom
.The Age of Orphans- Laleth Khadivi
.Still Alice- Lisa Genova
And a couple of paulo Coelho's books.

What are your favorite?

Vainglorious said...

I don't have a favorite. I don't like novels, I prefer non fiction, anything controversial will grab my attention. Enjoy reading about history, religions, philosophy and I very much enjoy psychology.

How lame am I? ;p

Sumaiah said...

You can never be lame, you're born in February remember! We rock whatever we do baby ;)