Friday, December 10, 2010

The Sky Will Be My Limit

I breathed your polluted air, swam on your dying see, and I ran on your infertile soil, yet through it all I loved you! Through years of living like an outcast for thinking differently, acting differently in a place that had nothing to brag about but norms. I tried to change the culture to fit my personality but that didn't work. I know now if a culture didn't fit, then I might as well stop trying to wear it.

We are a long way from becoming a nation that thinks before it acts. A long way from being achievers rather than lousy trend setters. A long way from making our ancestors proud. If only we started the change, then that gap will soon close. The gap that separates us from superiority and evolving into something that matters. To become a nation that's listened to, pioneers who could think for themselves, not a floc of sheep following a drunken shepard.

I've lived through the separation and discrimination. I suffered on the hand of corruption and favoritism. I'm not trying to sound like a victim because that's not how I perceive myself to be. I'm just mourning the opportunities lost because society sow me "unfit" for.

I'm not angry anymore though. The injustice only made me stronger. I now know what I want and what I'm going to do.

"Accept the past as past, without denying it or discarding it", that's one of the smartest things that I've read in a while. What's done is done, what's lost is already gone. Kuwait is my past, it might be my present, but it sure as hell isn't going to be my future.

6 comments:

Godless Saudi said...

As my grandfather once said "leave the motherfuckers"

Some people have fake emotional attachment to their land of birth, It just doesn't make any sense no one chooses where to be born but everyone knows where to belong

Leave as soon as possible or you will regret it. This is the ONLY life you're going to have.

Sumaiah said...

Your grandfather is a very wise man :)

I think it's hypocritical when ppl are like "it's my beloved country, I'll sacrifice my soul for it". It's a god damned piece of nasty desert!! I would pay to get out of here! I hate what I'm turning into and I don't want to do it anymore!

It's taking ages but it'll happen someday.... Soon I hope.

Where did you disappear on me? I missed your smart ass comments in here!! *sending hugs and kisses*

The Reigh said...

God so true!
Being different makes you the automatic target for ridicule and humiliation or the object of "talk" in this small society...

having brains and wanting to make something of yourself means you lack an appetite for life apparently...-_-

Enshalla you get to do what you want hun ;** don't let their small mindedness drag you down *hugs*

Sumaiah said...

What can we say ella hathy lekuwait 9al 3alla eneby!!

Thank you baby :*

Kuwaitiful said...

Keep staring at the bright side, being different makes you unique, I like that you address your past and face it rather than run away from it.

Though never let the sky as your limit when we have had men on the moon.

Sumaiah said...

Yeah I guess. Thanks for the pep talk hun :*